Thursday, October 20, 2005

stay all morning

stay all morning

stay all morning
in the first light fretting
miles it's eye open and clear
raises the day
the obligation to come and
juxtapose the starling blue
and scatter starling to the waking world

but stay past that incipient light
beyond the unhinging morning
after concrete settles
long past instinct

after  clocks have stopped screaming
in the clear hour past transit
stay

in the small cool fire hush
secret and  loved in my arms
move back against me
find your place in shadow
on my easy earth

for hours changing positions
like the clockhand change finds a new number
chimes in joy the hour come like birth
on the wall loving in strict language
or the morning doorway rotates its view
we'll find each other each minute
shifting carelessly far away from the planet

and your breasts
casual in their gait
you offer them
you walk with them
introduce them….
lay with me naked singing
until i want you

and your eyes
what can be said?
you belong to me here
are requisite as breath

and needed
my marrow churns
sun burns bright in the floating window

big strong brotha like me says yes
to everything the morning suggests

sistuh furiously
if you can lean
if you possibly can
sistuh sistuh sistuh
stay

but the man things fall away
this poem not from my chest
but is from the smallness in my belly
but is from the longing in my honest hands

no war today

and the torrent of morning
disheveled in the cool bed
your errant hand breathing in bed
an ellipse of air and rhythm
your beautiful damp thumb
a small brown bird
a snow of sheets around you
your crazy hair the residue night
beautiful early citizen…..

No comments: